Saturday, November 13, 2004

Ribeir�o Pr�to

City, in the highlands of northeastern S�o Paulo state, Brazil, at 1,700 feet (520 m) above sea level, on the Pr�to River, a tributary of the Pardo River. Founded in 1856 and formerly called Entre Rios and S�o Sebasti�o do Ribeir�o Pr�to, the settlement was given town status in 1870 and was made the seat of a municipality in 1871. It was long renowned as a colonization and coffee-growing centre. Now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home