Saturday, November 20, 2004

Petah Tiqwa

City, west-central Israel, on the Plain of Sharon, east-northeast of Tel Aviv-Yafo and part of that city's metropolitan area. Situated in the valley of Achor near the Yarqon River, the city takes its name (meaning �Door of Hope�) from the biblical allusion in Hosea 2:15: � . . . and make the valley of Achor a door of hope.� Petah Tiqwa was the first village (founded 1878) in the modern Jewish settlement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home